Assistant Director of Nursing
06 Jul 2017
Our Client a new Nursing Home that has opened up recently are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing or a Clinical Nurse Manager II looking to progress their career to the next level. Management of the Nursing Team Completion
Our Client a new Nursing Home that has opened up recently are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing or a Clinical Nurse Manager II looking to progress their career to the next level.
|Management of the Nursing Team
- Completion of monthly nursing rosters to ensure adequate nursing cover
- Management of Staff Nurse Annual Leave.
- Completing weekly roster analysis of planned versus actual nurse working hours.
- Management of Sick leave ensuring shifts are covered at short notice where required
- Recruitment of staff nurses including identifying recruitment needs, advertisement of roles available and interviewing potential candidates.
- Induction of Staff Nurses ensuring they receive accurate and comprehensive orientation during their induction period.
- Overseeing assessment of new recruits’ medication management competency.
- Ensuring staff nurse files incl. Pin numbers, medication certificates and induction are up to date.
- Conducting regular performance reviews namely on completion of induction, after 3 months employment, after 6 months employment and minimum of yearly thereafter.
- Conducting training needs analysis of nursing staff, providing or sourcing relevant training where indicated.
- Management of disciplinary or investigations involving staff nurses in a sensitive and thorough manner.
- Responsibility for the supervision of Nursing staff reporting any concerns to the Director of Care
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objective, through performance review.
- Ensure the nursing team are up to date and familiar with relevant policies
- Chair monthly staff nurse meetings ensuring minutes are disseminated and overseeing resulting action plans
Allocation of clinical careplans to individual staff nurses, ensuring each resident has a named nurse
- Ensure the delivery of excellent clinical care to all residents
- Ensure a person-centred approach to the provision of nursing which provides the right support at the right time to enable residents lead their lives in as fulfilling a way as possible
- Ensure the residents are actively involved in determining their medical care that they receive and are empowered to exercise their rights.
- Demonstrate Behaviour consistent with the values of our client
- Liaise with all appropriate care staff to ensure that resident care plans are up to date, relevant and being implemented on an ongoing basis.
- Play an active role in resident education and be actively involved in Health Education and Promotion
- Liaise with relatives of the resident where necessary
- Attend/chair meetings as required and keep staff briefed on developments
- Be aware of the confidential nature of work and in particular, the rights of resident’s confidentiality.
Apply for this role