Assistant Director of Nursing
13 Sep 2017
My Client an Established Nursing Home are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing or a Clinical Nurse Manager II looking to progress their career to the next level. Management of the Nursing Team Completion this role is based in Louth
|Management of the Nursing Team
- Completion of monthly nursing rosters to ensure adequate nursing cover
- Management of Staff Nurse Annual Leave.
- Completing weekly roster analysis of planned versus actual nurse working hours.
- Management of Sick leave ensuring shifts are covered at short notice where required
- Recruitment of staff nurses including identifying recruitment needs, advertisement of roles available and interviewing potential candidates.
- Induction of Staff Nurses ensuring they receive accurate and comprehensive orientation during their induction period.
- Overseeing assessment of new recruits’ medication management competency.
- Ensuring staff nurse files incl. Pin numbers, medication certificates and induction are up to date.
- Conducting regular performance reviews namely on completion of induction, after 3 months employment, after 6 months employment and minimum of yearly thereafter.
- Conducting training needs analysis of nursing staff, providing or sourcing relevant training where indicated.
- Management of disciplinary or investigations involving staff nurses in a sensitive and thorough manner.
- Responsibility for the supervision of Nursing staff reporting any concerns to the Director of Care
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objective, through performance review.
- Ensure the nursing team are up to date and familiar with relevant policies
- Chair monthly staff nurse meetings ensuring minutes are disseminated and overseeing resulting action plans
Allocation of clinical careplans to individual staff nurses, ensuring each resident has a named nurse
- Ensure the delivery of excellent clinical care to all residents
- Ensure a person-centred approach to the provision of nursing which provides the right support at the right time to enable residents lead their lives in as fulfilling a way as possible
- Ensure the residents are actively involved in determining their medical care that they receive and are empowered to exercise their rights.
- Demonstrate Behaviour consistent with the values of our client
- Liaise with all appropriate care staff to ensure that resident care plans are up to date, relevant and being implemented on an ongoing basis.
- Play an active role in resident education and be actively involved in Health Education and Promotion
- Liaise with relatives of the resident where necessary
- Attend/chair meetings as required and keep staff briefed on developments
- Be aware of the confidential nature of work and in particular, the rights of resident’s confidentiality.
If you would like more information Please send your CV to Alan Noone or call 016874010
Apply for this role